The prize includes $1,000 and recognition for groundbreaking monographs in women's studies that makes significant multicultural feminist contributions to women of color/transnational scholarship.
The prize honors Gloria Anzaldúa, a valued and long-active member of the National Women's Studies Association.
- Must be a current individual NWSA member (including co-authors)
- Books considered must have a first date of US publication between May 1, 2019 and April 30, 2020
- Must complete the online application
- Must send five copies of the book to the NWSA office (address below)
- The committee seeks groundbreaking monographs in women's studies that make a significant multicultural feminist contributions to women of color/transnational scholarship
- Anthologies will not be considered
Please Note: due to the Illinois COVID-19 shelter in place order, our office is unable to accept packages at this time. Please wait until May 1, 2020 to ship hard copies of books.
To complete your application, you must send 5 copies of the book to:
National Women’s Studies Association
1720 W. Division Street
Chicago, IL 60622
ATTN: NWSA Anzaldúa Book Prize
Books must be received by June 15th. Please note: Unfortunately, we cannot return books sent to NWSA.