The prize includes $1,000 and recognition for groundbreaking monographs in women's studies that makes significant multicultural feminist contributions to women of color/transnational scholarship.
The prize honors Gloria Anzaldúa, a valued and long-active member of the National Women's Studies Association.
- Must be a current individual NWSA member (including co-authors)
- Books considered must have a first date of US publication between May 1, 2018 and April 30, 2019
- Must complete the online application
- Must send five copies of the book to the NWSA office (address below)
- The committee seeks groundbreaking monographs in women's studies that make a significant multicultural feminist contributions to women of color/transnational scholarship
- Anthologies will not be considered
To complete your application, you must send 5 copies of their book to:
National Women’s Studies Association
1720 W. Division Street
Chicago, IL 60622
ATTN: NWSA Anzaldúa Book Prize
Books must be received by June 3, 2019. Please note: Unfortunately, we cannot return books sent to NWSA.