Only online applications will be considered. The deadline for submissions is March 31, 2019. Notifications will be sent by May 3, 2019.
Women of color in women’s studies, ethnic studies, or related fields may apply if they aspire to leadership within women’s studies or NWSA. Applicants may include advanced graduate students, faculty, and current program administrators who wish to be more involved in program or Association leadership.
- Valuable networking and professional development opportunities at the pre-conference, the NWSA general conference, and via the Women of Color Caucus
- One-year complimentary individual membership and general conference registration during the first year of participation
- Complimentary general conference registration and pre-conference the following year. (To participate in the second year, participants submit the paper registration form after registration opens for the year. Individual membership is not included in the second year.)
- Opportunities to meet and interact with other women of color who possess a similar interest in program or center administration, as well as women of color who already have administrative experience
- The support, companionship, and advocacy of the Women of Color Caucus
- An opportunity to shape the future of the NWSA and women’s studies as a field by participating and exchanging ideas
- Serve as a conduit for other women of color, particularly young women, to become more involved in women’s studies